Jan 27, 2011

Smoking

I've been religiously smoking for over a year now. My lungs hurt, I have trouble breathing at any act of physical activity, and I get spicy when I don't get to smoke regularly. Oh, and I have a horrible smokers laugh already. Not to mention it doesn't help that my natural laugh makes me sound like an 80 year old grandpa. AND I almost forgot about the ridiculous amount of money I spend on cigarettes weekly.

The point of this post is that I've recently decided I shall suck it up and quit smoking. It is currently day 4 of quitting my horrible habit, and I've never felt better... Well, I shouldn't say that. I do feel amazing, but I also have moments where I would like to punch the nearest person in the mouth, or steal their wallet and spend a copious amount of money on cigarettes. Luckily this hasn't happened...yet.

I've realized the main thing that is helping the cravings is working out daily. For some reason when I work out, any cravings that I would usually have through out the day have subsided. Oh, and drinking lots of water. I think I've switched the habit of smoking to drinking water. I'm addicted. I should watch my intake, I've heard that you can drown yourself if you drink too much h20. I guess that's better than dying of lung cancer. It isn't as satisfying, though.

Anyways, I figured it would be a good idea to talk about this on my blog, not only will it hold me personally accountable, but friends who read this can possibly hold me accountable as well.

DAY 4 PEOPLE!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! You can do it Taylor.
    By the way, I am the worst person to hold you accountable because I will rag on you if I catch you. Maybe that makes me the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I would say that makes you the best. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats taylor.=)
    a friend of a friend of mine just recently had their one year anniversary of no smoking. I hope that next year we can celebrate that for you!

    ReplyDelete